Monday, January 12, 2015

Book Talk Tuesday

January 13, 2015
Last week was our first Book Talk Tuesday.  Mrs. Larson shared her book, ORPHAN TRAIN by Christina Baker Kline. Thank you Mrs. Larson!

Today we have a new Book Talk featuring Mr. Croonquist. He is reading THE GREAT GATSBY by F. Scott Fitzgerald. 

Gatsby 1925 jacket.gif
Currently, I am reading The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.  I am reading this book because my son, Brody, has to read this for his 10th grade advanced English class, and I have always heard interesting things about this book.  I am also reading this because the author was born and raised in Saint Paul and is one of the most famous of all Minnesota writers.
The story is set in New York in 1922 and follows the life of Nick Carraway, the narrator, and Jay Gatsby, his extremely rich and lonely neighbor.  Mr. Gatsby throws huge and lavish parties in his mansion, yet doesn’t ever seem to work and no one knows from where he gets his money.  He also has many other secrets, which unfold as the book progresses.  Maybe I will let you know more as I continue reading.
I like this book because it is historical fiction, which is a favorite genre of mine, and has very absorbing dialogue.  Maybe you too will read it once you get to high school!
Mr. Croonquist

Be good. Be nice. Behave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment