Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Book Talk Tuesday

December 22, 2015

Hello! Book Talk Tuesday comes to us from Mrs. Moen!

Holiday greetings from Mrs. Moen!  One of my favorite traditions is collecting and reading holiday books!  I have been collecting Christmas stories ever since I was a little girl and now I am passing that tradition on to my daughter, Ada.  Every year she gets a new book to add to her growing collection.  One of her favorites is “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” by Dr. Seuss.  She used to be afraid of the Grinch because he was so mean and grouchy, but then she learned how he had a change of heart at the end of the story.  One of my favorite parts is when the Grinch realizes “maybe Christmas doesn’t come from a store…maybe Christmas is just a little bit more.” What does he mean? This quote helps to share the main idea and authors purpose for this story and it means so much to me this time of year.  I hope you enjoy this story as much as I do!


If you enjoyed this story, the holiday classic will be on NBC tomorrow night at 7:00! Enjoy!

Be good. Be nice. Behave.

No comments:

Post a Comment