Monday, March 23, 2015

Book Talk Tuesday

March 24, 2015

Good Morning! Today's Book Talk Tuesday is Mrs. Laliberte's all time favorite read-a-loud book.  It's called The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo.
Image result for the tale of despereaux
This is a sweet tale about a brave and courageous mouse named Despereaux. I was first introduced to this book in college. I was taking a class on children's literature, and my teacher at the time, read this book to the class. I fell in love with the story.  Now as a teacher, I enjoy reading this book to my own class. I think it has a great message about bravery and not giving up on your dreams. No matter what people (or rodents in the book) think about you, don't give up on what you believe in.  Despereaux may be small, but he sure dreams big.

Think about your hopes and dreams for fourth grade. What do you want to accomplish in the next couple of months? Or, what have you accomplished in school that you are proud of?

Be good. Be nice. Behave.

No comments:

Post a Comment