Thursday, February 5, 2015

Guest Teachers

February 5, 2015

Good morning caring community,
This morning you will notice we are in a hallway of guest teachers. Today each class will have a substitute teacher in their classroom. I really encourage you to have empathy today. Quite awhile ago, we watched/read a story about a boy that had so much empathy for his elderly friend. Empathy is when you really put yourself in someone else's shoes, well not really, you just imagine it! Your heart truly feels what the other person's heart must feel and what they are thinking.

Today think:
Would I do or say this if my teacher or Mr. Fugazzi were with me? If not, don't do it with your sub.
Would I try to get away with this or that if my teacher was here? If not, don't try.
How do I act with my teacher or other fourth grade teachers? Do that!

Make our guests feel welcome. Make them want to come back!

Knowing what's right doesn't mean much, unless you do it.
~ Theodore Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment