Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Book Talk Tuesday

October 20, 2015

Well hello there!
Book Talk Tuesday comes from Mrs. Applequist!

My very favorite book of all times is called TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD. I love this book so much that I've read it again and again. I also love this book so much that I named my dog after the author! Harper Lee wrote this book in the 1950s and it came out in 1960.

Atticus Finch and his children, Jem and Scout, are a family that continue to live the profile every single day even though their community does not support the choices they make. The Finch family believe it is important to support all community members no matter what the differences are. Atticus is an incredible role model for his children and all those who read this book.

One of my favorite lines that Atticus says is,

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view …”
1birdie.png
Image result for atticus finch   Image result for to kill a mockingbird  
Think about this quote. Can it help us work better with others? Perhaps it can help us to be more patient and tolerant. I know when we consider others' points of view (perspective), it gives us a better idea of where they are coming from!
Be good. Be nice. Behave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment